SPECIAL GUEST GIS 2015
“I think GIS Warsaw 2015 is a very important initiative because it is the best way of creating synergies between professionals and general audience. Engaging different professionals in the field of interior design, architecture, furniture and lighting allows sharing know-how and expertise. I believe this is the right way to improve the sector. I have been invited as special guest at GIS Bucharest 2012 and it was a great experience. So, I have an excellent expectation about GIS Warsaw 2015. In life I love to share my experiences and explain the way I develop my work making young people believe in dreams and fighting to make them come true. It is my first time in Warsaw and I’m very happy with this invitation. I want to share with the Polish interior architects and designers my love for my work and for interior design! I use to say that my work is my project of life! Please, join me in the interior design challenge that is my life!”
Maria Isabel Andrade Silva – Nini – was born in Funchal (Madeira Island, Portugal) in 1962.
She graduated in Design at the Institute of Visual Arts, Design and Marketing (IADE) in Lisbon, and simultaneously pursued her academic and professional experience abroad, where she studied and worked in New York, London, Paris, South Africa and Denmark.
Her work has international recognition, having put the name of Portugal alongside the biggest and best designers in the world. As a result of this recognition, last June 2011, Nini Andrade Silva was distinguished by the Portuguese Government with the Honored Title “Grau de Oficial da Ordem do Infante D. Henrique”, by her rendered outstanding service to Portugal, within and abroad.
She is an international consultant for IADE, thus integrating the panel of guest lecturers to the School of Design, and received IADE CAREER AWARD 2010. Recently she was appointed as Cultural Ambassador by Guimarães 2012 – European Capital!
In pursuing her passions she dedicated herself over the years to “discover worlds to the world.” In the last fifteen years has traveled to countries like China, Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, among many other journeys in which she socialized with the locals, learned their culture and that of most genuine was added to her work, incorporating multiculturalism and transversality in the art that so well characterizes her work and that distinguishes it around the world.
Example of this is the continuous mention in the most distinguished international press – New York Times, “World Leading Guides” Andrew Martin (Vol. 5, 8, 10 and 13) – considered the bible of the designers – Wallpapper, Sleeper Magazine, Condé Nast Travel Guide, Harrolds, Financial Times, Hinge, among others – as well as the prizes that have distinguished her projects.
Currently, Nini is involved in numerous projects all over the world, notably in Colombia, Brazil, India, Saudi Arabia, Cape Verde, Malaysia, Argentina and Austria. In parallel to her work in architecture and interior design, Nini is the creator of her line of furniture that is promoted internationally.
S+A, INTERIOR DESIGN BY NINI ANDRADE SILVA has created a distinct range of award-winning interior design projects. Nini’s work has been frequently featured in design, architecture, lifestyle, travel and fashion publications, due to a strict connection between its unique design and high level of detail.
Nini Andrade Silva Atelier’s distinctive design concepts in hotels, offices, restaurants and residences for a distinguished clientele, fashioned a new style – Ninimalism.
Among the architectural interior design projects carried out to date:
– 2013 The Beautique Hotel Figueira, Portugal
– 2013 Private House in Oporto, Portugal
– 2012 Bog Hotel, Colombia
– 2012 Luxury Apartments at Chiado, Portugal
– 2011 Private Palace in Príncipe-Real, Portugal
– 2010 Hotel Teatro, Portugal
– 2010 Private House in Ponta do Sol, Madeira Island
2009 Indústria Club, Portugal
– 2009 The Vine Hotel, Madeira Island
– 2008 Fontana Park Hotel, Portugal
– 2008 Tamariz Bar, Portugal
– 2008 Lisbon Office, Portugal
– 2008 Serra da Estrela Restaurant, Portugal
– 2007 Aquapura Douro Valley Hotel, Portugal
– 2007 Enotel Group, Brazil
– 2007 Penthouse in Funchal, Madeira Island
The awards received by Atelier Nini Andrade Silva include:
– 2013 World Travel Awards for Europe’s Leading Design Hotel with The Vine Hotel Shortlisted into The European Hotel Design Awards for The Beautique Hotels Figueira
– 2013 Shortlisted into INSIDE Awards of World Architecture Festival for The Beautique Hotels Figueira
– 2013 Lápiz de Acero (Interior Spaces for BOG Hotel)
– 2012 International Hotel & Property Awards – Americas for BOG Hotel
– 2012 Shortlisted to the International Hotel & Property Awards with BOG Hotel
– 2011 International Design & Architecture Awards for Hotel Teatro
– 2011 Shortlisted by Design Awards Et Al for Hotel Teatro
– 2011 Honored Title “Grau de Oficial da Ordem do Infante D. Henrique”, by the Portuguese Government
– 2010 Cultural Ambassador by Guimarães 2012 – European Capital!
– 2010 Best Interior Design Europe (European & Africa Awards) for Fontana Park Hotel
– 2010 Best Interior Design Portugal (European & Africa Awards) for Fontana Park Hotel
– 2010 Best Design Award (Malaysian International Trade Fair) for Dunne Chaise Long
– 2009 Best Suite (Design Hotels Award, 4 Nominations) for The Vine Hotel
– 2009 Shortlisted by the World Architecture Festival in Barcelona for The Vine Hotel
– 2009 European Property Awards in San Diego for The Vine Hotel
– 2009 100 Best Companies Award, Portugal
– 2008 Andrew Martin Best Design Award
– 2008 Best Interior Design Award for Bedrooms and Bathrooms for Fontana Park Hotel
– 2007 100 Best Companies Award, Portugal
– 2006 Andrew Martin Best Design Award
– 2002 Interior Design Review Award, New York
– 2001 Interior Design Review Award, London
– 2000 Andrew Martin Best Design Award
– 2000 Range of Client service options
Text curtsey of www.niniandradesilva.com